House fire reported in Greensboro | News
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Firefighters responded early Tuesday to a house fire in Greensboro.
The fire was reported shortly after 3 a.m. in the 5100 block of Southwind Road.
Smoke was emitting from the attic of the home when firefighters arrived.
Greensboro Deputy Fire Chief Clarence Hunter says the blaze was caused by “combustibles” that were located too close to a furnace in the attic.
No injuries were reported.
No other information was available.
Upcoming Events near Greensboro
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- High Point to consider renaming road to honor Martin Luther King Jr.
- One killed, two hospitalized in Guilford Co. wreck
- Big Boss Baking in High Point popular nationwide for all-natural granola
- New Belk store in High Point to celebrate grand opening on March 12
- Guilford Co. parents frustrated by winter weather school closings
- High Point considering renaming Green Drive to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Complaint filed against High Point City Manager Strib Boynton
- High Point University to be closed on Friday
- Piedmont couple struggles to heat home during cold snap
- State releases portion of Montlieu Ave. to City of High Point