Lockdown lifted at three Guilford Co. schools | News
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — A lockdown has been lifted at three Guilford County schools after a car break-in happened near Drake Road on Tuesday afternoon.
Southern Guilford High, Southern Guilford Middle and Southern Elementary School were all placed on lockdown shortly after 2 p.m. after a car break-in was reported near 5720 Drake Road.
Officials said a gun was stolen from inside the vehicle.
As of 2:45 p.m., the lockdown had been lifted at all three schools.
The elementary school is releasing students as of 2:45 p.m. and middle school students will be released at their normal time.
No other information was provided.
Upcoming Events near Greensboro
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Allen Jay Middle School to start year in newly-renovated building
- Man paralyzed from the waist down now a fitness trainer
- Former officers say frat brothers treated differently in HPU lawsuit
- Section of Old Winston Road in High Point closed due to sinkhole
- ‘Tiny girl’ promotes kindness with ‘friendship benches’