Three suspects arrested in attempted armed robbery in Greensboro | News
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Police said they arrested three men who allegedly broke into an apartment and tried stealing money Sunday morning in Greensboro.
Authorities said the crime occurred when one of the suspects pulled out a gun and demanded cash outside an apartment in the 1400 block of Cunningham Street around 1:30 a.m.
Police said the suspects then entered the apartment but were unable to rob the victim. Officials did not say why the robbery was unsuccessful.
The suspects were identified as Javon Daquan Williams, Devonte Dashawn Wood and Lorenizo Reshaud Simmons.
Williams was charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, first degree burglary, attempted robbery, carrying a concealed weapon and obstructing law enforcement.
Wood was charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, first degree robbery, attempted robbery, identity theft, assault on a law enforcement officer, and obstructing law enforcement.
Simmons was charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, first degree robbery and attempted robbery.
Police did not release any other details.
Upcoming Events near Greensboro
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- High Point considering renaming Green Drive to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Complaint filed against High Point City Manager Strib Boynton
- High Point University to be closed on Friday
- Piedmont couple struggles to heat home during cold snap
- State releases portion of Montlieu Ave. to City of High Point